Learn embroidery methods
from start to finish!
What's the best embroidery method?
This month's featured photo: needlepoint
by Lolly from ?
Please share your projects!
You want a project that's easy but not boring. You want it to be gorgeous but not too time consuming. The right balance depends on your skill level and style.
I'm always looking for new styles to try. I can't stop making samplers... I like to jump all around and try a little bit of every technique!
Decorative stitching has such a long history. It's been done in a variety of forms all over the world. Some people prefer counted cross stitch, but others adore blackwork or Swedish huck weaving. I want to try them all! I love traditional needlearts and think it's important for them to find a place in the 21st century.
Please join me as I share what I've learned. I'll show you how to embroider in different ways with the hope that you, too, can find the method that best expresses you.
- The Embroidery Blog
- Do you enjoy embroidery? The Embroidery Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the embroidery-methods.com website. Subscribe here.
- Free Embroidery Patterns and More
- Subscribe to The Embroidery Sampler, a monthly embroidery newsletter that includes the best free embroidery patterns on the web!
- Your Favorite Hand Embroidery Patterns
- This is the directory for finding hand embroidery patterns submitted by visitors like you. Submit your work or comment on the work of others to appear in the embroidery blog!
- Starting New Embroidery Projects, How to Embroider
- Simple beginner advice for starting new embroidery projects, including how to do embroidery and select a design.
- Blackwork Embroidery: The Royal Cousin of Cross Stitch
- During the Renaissance, blackwork embroidery was very popular as geometric designs worked in black thread. Today, it is worked in all shades!
- Finishing an Embroidery Project
- Easy advice for finishing a needlework project and the best methods of display and heirloom care.
- Crewel Embroidery
- There are no rules in crewel embroidery, so you are free to create whatever you like!
- Cross Stitch Embroidery
- Counted cross stitch is the most popular embroidery method. You can learn the easy embroidery stitches quickly, and there are a variety of cross stitch patterns to suit every style.
- Hardanger Embroidery
- Create delicate, lacy openings in geometric shapes with Hardanger embroidery. Learn basic Hardanger stitches, which fabrics to use, and you'll be ready to create a variety of whitework projects!
- Swedish Huck Weaving
- Huck weaving is an easy form of huck embroidery that anyone can do, regardless of age.
- Home Machine Embroidery
- Traditional needlecraft meets the 21st century in home machine embroidery. Use modern technology to express yourself in new ways!
- Needlepoint Canvas Work
- Needlepoint canvas patterns are fun for beginners and advanced embroidery workers to stitch.
- Punch Needle Embroidery
- Punch needle embroidery is like coloring with threads or thread painting. You can complete punch needle patterns quickly and easily.
- Silk Ribbon Embroidery
- There's nothing like silk ribbon embroidery for making gorgeous, smooth dimensional ribbon embroidery flowers and leaves.
- The Embroidery Community to Share Embroidery Online
- Connect to the embroidery community to share embroidery online, exchange ideas, show your work, and promote traditional handcrafts.
- Embroidery Help to Answer Needlework Questions
- Ask your needlework questions and share tips. Give and receive embroidery help in the best online community!
- Favorite Embroidery Feedback
- Have any feedback to share about your favorite embroidery method?
- Embroidery Website Search
- Research embroidery by performing an Embroidery Website Search for this site.